Wednesday, October 8, 2008
My long awaited baby is here :) She was born Oct 4 and weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. (my smallest baby ever). I think she is absolutely beautiful. Here are 10 things I love about my new baby:
1. New baby skin is softer than anything else on the planet. Softer than marshmallows, softer than down feathers, softer than the nougat inside chocolate bars.
2. tiny tiny hands folded up like little flowers
3. shiny black eyes (MY babies have black eyes)
4. the way she cries like a little kitten mewing
5. the way she bobs her little head, nuzzling around with her mouth open when she is hungry
6. the greedy little gulping sounds she makes while she nurses
7. the greedy little gulping sounds she makes while she nurses (I really love that)
8. the way I can spend an hour just looking at her and be utterly happy and not feel as if I had wasted any time at all.
9. the way she can't seem to open both eyes at the same time--that is just too much effort. So she peeks at me with one eye.
10. the way she stays curled up like a little bug all the time.
I won't bore you with my birth story--though it was quite engrossing for me and I am still obsessing about it now, 4 days later. I think childbirth falls in the category of extreme adventure sports. It is every bit as much of a rush/ life altering experience as climbing a mountain or base jumping. My DH is really into mountain climbing and asked me one time if I would want to climb Mt. Everest with him. I told him that childbirth was my Everest and I didn't need anything more difficult or life-threatening to "test my metal" against than that.