Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags-Do Walmart bags count? Just kidding. I do usually wrap the presents at Christmas. Other times of the year, I use gift bags.


2. Real Tree or Artificial--artificial, no pine needles to vacuum or allergies to deal with.

3. When do you put up the tree-last Friday (December 12).

4. When do you take the tree down-as soon as possible, so that the kids don't destroy it.

5. Do you like eggnog? The only question dumber than this would be "Do you like chocolate"

6. Favorite gift received as a child--That would be the 2 volume book set of Beethoven's Piano Sonatas I got in high school.


7. Hardest person to buy for--My son, Benji. I am all about handmade gifts--but what do you give an 8 year old that he will really love? Because you know that all he really wants is an X-box.

8. Easiest person to buy for--the girls. Is it pink, fluffy, and include the word "princess" ? They'll like it.


My sister has tagged me.(There seem to be a lot of tags going around recently. hmmm....) Here goes:

9. Do you have a nativity scene-- I do. I made it myself and the pattern is coming out soon!

10. Mail or Email Christmas Cards--I never get around to this. sigh. Usually I mail out a family letter in January.

11. Worst Christmas Gift you Ever Received--too many people read this blog for me to say. Let's just say that I was disapointed at the time, but the gift turned out to be very useful and I use it all the time, so I'm not sad about it any more.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie--Scrooge the musical with Albert Finney

13. When do you Start Shopping for Christmas-- I actually bought a gift in September this year. But usually it is November.

14. Have you Ever Recycled a Christmas Present--No, but I did recycle a couple of wedding gifts.

15. Favorite Thing to Eat at Christmas--Pie Pie Pie Pie Pie

16. Lights on the Tree--Yes, but I don't plug them in too much because I feel like it is a frivolous waste of electricity. Seriously, it stresses me out, all the electricity that people use up on Christmas lights.



17. Favorite Christmas Song--"We need a little Christmas" right this very minute, candles at the window, carols at the spinet.
and my favorite carol (a song about Jesus Christ) would be Handel's Messiah

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home--we usually travel and visit family, but this year the family is coming to my house

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer--yep even Olive, the other reindeer


20. Angel on the tree top or a star--a star

21. Open Presents on Christmas Eve or Morning--Christmas morning

22. Most Annoying Thing About this Time of Year--kids going in and out of the house and letting in cold air

23. Favorite Ornament Theme or Color--every year my Grandma Bennion makes her grand/great-grand children an ornament. I love them! My favorite is the baby Jesus in a walnut shell. My kids like the chairs that hide candy. My DH likes the suger plum fairies.




24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner--Beef Briscuit and mashed potatoes and Pie and fudge and tamales

25. What do you want for Christmas this year--I want to get all the presents I'm trying to sew finished. Since I'm shooting for the moon already, I would also like a new vacuum and lots of chocolate and a CD player for my kitchen and new sharp sewing scissors. (Thanks, Santa)

26. Favorite Christmas Memory- We would stay up as late as we could, putting together jigsaw puzzles in our rooms. Dad would set the timer for 6:30 a.m. and we were not allowed to get up before then. We would wake up much earlier and all gather in one bed and shout Christmas songs at the top of our lungs until the alarm went off. Poor Mom & Dad. My children are not so naughty. I usually wake up before them, wait as long as I can stand it, and then have to go wake them up to see the presents.


P.S. Suddenly, my digital camera will not download its photos to the computer. Instead of freaking out, I am going to bed and pretending that everything will be okay tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment