Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Fish Tacos!


I have to admit, I've always been a little suspicious of fish tacos. How could they really be good? (I feel the same way about fish soup.)

BUT

a couple months ago, The Man of the House made fish tacos. (I'm just now blogging about it because I'm a slacker like that.)

Those fish tacos were super tasty. He used this Alton Brown recipe.

He has made them twice now, and we think it is better to leave the cilantro out, or just use it as a garnish--and I love cilantro--it just makes the rub too watered down. Also, use tilapia or another white fish like Alton Brown says. Ahi Tuna wasn't quite right.


The best part of the fish tacos that he made was that whitest sauce you see there.

AH! YUM! It was rich and good like hollandaise sauce. I can't wait for June to try it on asparagus.

Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup
Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup
Lemon juice, 3 tablespoons


I'm dreaming of fish tacos..why hasn't he made them again???...maybe I should buy some more fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment