Thursday, March 22, 2012

Toss Your Cares and Curls Away

I've been considering getting my hair cut for 3 months. The traditional "I have a new baby haircut." I didn't want to cut it just because though. However, I've gotten so tired of fixing my hair and styling my hair that I was ready to break something with my flat iron. My hair had got longer than it's been in 13 years. I fixed it beautifully many times. Sadly, I have no pictures of those amazing hairdos because I'm always behind the camera--which is really sad since I take such poorly composed photos and can't seem to drum up enough energy to care.

But, like I said, I was done with the fuss and getting out the door is such an ordeal these days--I wanted to simplify the process. Plus my scalp has gone insane. I blame hormones.

Here is a before picture. See I couldn't even bring myself to fix it for posterity.

Here is the picture I took to the hair salon:

Wouldn't that have been stunning? Sigh.

Here is what I got:


It's not even close. I wanted angled. I got square. Blocky. Totally wrong for my face, and completely NOT WHAT I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR.

At first, I thought maybe it was just because I made such a drastic change that I was having problems with the cut. But I realized it was really because I didn't get what I asked for. After some encouragement from friends, I went back to the salon and a different stylist fixed it as much as she could to be actually an angled bob.




This I can live with.
Part of me feels like I was being shallow to fuss so much about a haircut that was probably fine. The other part of me is like

I SHOWED HER A PICTURE! HOW COULD SHE GET IT SO COMPLETELY WRONG?

2 Samuel 14:26
And when he polled his head, (for it was at every year’s end that he polled it: because the hair was heavy on him, therefore he polled it:) he weighed the hair of his head at two hundred shekels after the king’s weight.

P.S. My scale reads no differently after my haircut. Stupid scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment