Thursday, January 10, 2013

I've decided to Move over to WordPress

Here is my new address so you can find me:

http://marvelousthingswillhappen.wordpress.com/

It's not a decision I've made lightly.  I've been deliberating about it all fall and all winter.

Pros for Blogger:
1- I'm used to it.
2- It's cuter
3-It's where all the crafty people are (unless they break the mold and go with typepad.)
4-Most of my friends and family use Blogger.
5-I love the widget that shows all of your blogs on the side and tells me the title of your most recent post so I know to go read it.

Pros for Wordpress:

When I make a comment on someone's blog, or if they comment on mine, WordPress shows me first thing with a little comment notification.  I can immediately reply.  If someone replies to a comment I made, WordPress tells me.

With Blogger, I have to either remember to check the box for follow-up emails (I never remember to check the box) or remember to keep checking back to see if anyone replied--don't remember that very often either.

So in the end, I've decided that WordPress allows for more of a conversation.  That is what keeps me blogging--to stay connected to my families that are far away

I'll miss my RSS feed widget, but I'm hoping that I can figure out how to do the same thing in WordPress.  In the mean time, I can use the Reader

<3 glowworm--="glowworm--" glowworm="glowworm">

No comments:

Post a Comment