Friday, August 1, 2008

Birthday Cake

It was Gwendolyn's birthday and she asked for jelly beans on her cake. I made it during the family reunion, so I made one cake for the kids...



and one (three) for grown-ups. It was just a butter cake mix, then I mixed up one 3 oz box of instant french vanilla pudding and added an 8oz tub of cool whip. After I let that chill for a bit, I spread it on the cake and sprinkled on the jelly beans (or frozen blueberries) Let me just say, that this was one of the yummiest cakes I have ever ever EVER eaten. The blueberries had time to thaw on the cake before I served it. If you are making this and serving it immediately, you should use fresh blueberries, or put your frozen ones in the fridge for an hour or two (blueberries thaw fast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment