Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn



Okay, I have to 'fess up to my guilty secret. I am a Twilight Fan. Lucky for me, I didn't read the first three books until January 2008. So I didn't have to wait as long as some to read each book. I loved Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I have to say that the third book, Eclipse, is still my favorite. Why, you ask? It is my favorite because Bella begins to grow up. She isn't just a love-sick teenager any more. She learns about compromise. She learns that she has to make a choice and that choices mean you have to give up some things that you want. She actually considers for the first time what she will be sacrificing in order to become a vampire.

I have been looking forward to Breaking Dawn for months!

Will Bella become a vampire? (I was pretty sure she would)

What will happen to Jacob? (I had no idea--things sure looked bleak at the end of Eclipse)

Will Bella really be okay with not having children? (she doesn't seem to care at all--hard for me to understand because my day dreams were always more along the lines of Rosalie's. So will something happen to really make her think about it???)

Something had to happen with the Volturi...we needed resolution there

What was being a newborn vampire like? How bloody would it be?

And finally, I just wanted more steamy scenes between Edward and Bella. Admit it, so did you.

So I bought Breaking Dawn on Saturday and finished reading before dawn Sunday morning. It was great :) I was surprised by a few things, others I expected. I am consoling myself with the fact that even though the series is over, the books are very fun to re-read.


p.s. It is obvious who the white queen on the cover is (new vampire Bella.) But who do you think is the little red pawn?

Is it Jake, is it Nessie, or is it the old Bella?

1 comment:

  1. Um, can I borrow this soon?

    Michelle's sister-in-law left another book by Meyers at her house. It's called "The Host," and I pretty much devoured it while we were out there.
    In some ways, I liked it better than the vampire ones. I'd recommend it, too.

    ReplyDelete