Friday, January 2, 2009
Happy New Year!
We had a wonderful Christmas, thanks to our wonderful family and many friends.
Here is a picture of one of the felt princess crowns I made for the divas.
I like the things I make. even when I am copying someone else's idea, like I did here. This is the doll quilt I made for our swap in the Newtonia Battlefield Quilters December meeting.
Now it is January Second and I need to solidify my New Year's Resolutions.
What is really important to me??? I can't do everything, but I want to !
Goals should always be stated positively, with what you will do/gain, not what you will not do/loose. So:
For myself, I will
1. read my scriptures every day
2. each week I will write 5 pages of that book (I have wanted to write for the last 6 years).
3. exercise 5 days a week and replace sugary snacks and chocolate with veggies and fruit.
4. Do something for my Mary Kay business every day (mon-fri)
5. I am determined to keep the house clean and orderly. I feel that my best plan to accomplish this is to go back to the FLYLADY
6. I will consistently plan good Family Home Evening lessons and teach them on Monday Nights. I have always been more successful at this when I had an overall plan. So my plan is to use the conference Ensign. Each week I will choose a talk given by one of the apostles or the first presidency (I will go in order of seniority) that I feel is relevant to our family and base the lesson on that. That is 15 weeks of lessons and the children will know all of the apostles by the end.