Sunday, May 9, 2010
The Sandwich that Makes the Man of the House Happy
This sandwich makes the Man of the House very happy. He calls it "real food." I love it because of the green peppers and the mayonnaise.
**caution Must be made with complete disregard for fat and/or calories, but I consider it healthy (sssh. don't tell the Man of the House)
1 pound beef round stake
1 large yellow onion
2 large green peppers
salt, pepper, garlic powder
oregano or Italian seasoning
homemade bread sliced thickly or homemade french bread subs
1. Slice steak thinly
2. Drizzle olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add Steak.
3. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (but not too much salt)
4. Slice onion. When steak is pretty much done browning, add onion to pot
5. Wash, seed, and Chop green bell pepper. Add to pot
6 . Sprinkle generously with oregano or Italian seasoning.
7. Reduce heat and put lid on pot. Simmer about 5 minutes until onions are soft and peppers are tender-crisp
8. Cover with layer of grated mozzarella cheese, maybe some Parmesan too, and cook long enough to melt cheese.
9. Spread bread with mayo and mustard. Top with hot steak.
Serve to Man immediately. You can eat some too.
**This Blogger not responsible for resulting results.