Monday, April 2, 2012
This Cobbler is very rich--you could call it Peach Upside-Down Cake and be accurate.
1 1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk, added slowly--stir all with a fork
1. Spread in bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
2. Open one 29 oz can of peaches and pour it over the batter. I like to use the no added sugar kind. I'm pretty sure if you use the canned in syrup kind that you should reduce the sugar you use.
3. Sprinkle 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 cup brown sugar over the top.
4. Bake at 350*F for at least 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
5. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.