Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bag Tag



So my cousin over at Merrie Melody tagged me. I suspect foul play because she has a cute bag and it is pretty clean. Mine on the other hand is frightening. But I am being a good sport. So here are the rules:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying at this moment. No going up to your closet to pull out that cute one you use for special occasions. I want to see what you carried today or the last time you left the house.

2)I want to know how much it cost. This is not to judge. It is purely for entertainment. So spill it. If there is a story that goes along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it!

3)Tag some peeps then link back here so people know why the heck you're showing all your bag business!

Right. So there's my bag. I got it free at the hospital 4 1/2 months ago when Julia was born. It was full of baby formula samples (the evil formula company trying to undermine breast feeding Moms) and coupons for diapers and the like.

Being a Mary Kay Lady, I have a lot of bags, and many of them are cuter than this one. However, about 3 weeks ago, I realized that I had 5 different bags that I was using as a diaper bag/purse. I could never find anything because I had to check all 5 to find it. So, I dumped them all out and made the decision that this bag was to be THE diaper bag.

Currently, my diaper bag is holding all this junk:



the junk can be classified as follows:

Baby stuff: a diaper, case of baby wipes, 2 foil packets desitin (though I much prefer using this stuff.), comb, saline nasal spray & nose sucker bulby thing, baby nail clippers, sunday tights, a lone baby sock

Momma stuff: zebra wallet (yes, one cool thing in the bag!), nursing pads, lanolin salve, chapstick, maxi pad, foil packet of prep H, lipstick compact, lysol disinfectant spray, pink planner for MK appointments, hair scrunchie, hair clip, check book, both sets of keys to my van, Relief Society phone book, pen

Random stuff that needs to be put elswhere: the boy's tie from sunday, a broken diva bracelet, some rubber bands and a paper clip, left over postcard invitations from my last Mary Kay event, a DVD (Stuart Little 2), a rubber spatula, various reciepts & coupons, a Hello Kitty coloring book, actual trash, a diva corset from the princess birthday party (also where the bracelet came from, two cards with information about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert in Kansas City, 2 pencils, empty ziplock bag

Yeah. Don't worry. My purse is a reflection of my house cleaning skills. Isn't that scary

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is *exactly* how my purse was about a year ago! My back always hurt though and someone else had to carry it for me....so I scaled down to the bare necessities. I mostly felt embarrassed when Steve was carrying my purse slung over his shoulder. ;-)

    Yesterday when I emptied my purse I was worried I was going to have to take a pic of a maxi pad...but was more worried when there wasn't one in there! What was I thinking!

    You have a mom-of-a-baby-toddlers-and-preschoolers purse, which is exactly how it should be. :-)

    You are such a good sport; thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete